12.20.2011

6 months and potty time...

Yep its official... she is potty trained!
There were a lot of blood, sweat and tears that went into this so it made the cut for blogging :)
I never thought this day would come... I think most of our family felt the same way because of how strong willed Larkyn is and how she absolutely refused to go on the potty.  The Monday after Thanksgiving... I was determined!  It is so ridiculous how expensive diapers are especially when 3 kids are in them!  Sheesh!!  

My mom suggested bribery... Some parents are probably against this... BUT for me it worked!!  I headed to the dollar store and picked out tons of little toys that I new she would love and then I went and got the ultimate prize for her... The Rapunzel Barbie doll... she has been dreaming of having her own since she spotted it at a friends birthday party this last summer.  Monday morning I sat her down and I showed her all of her prizes and I told her that every time she went on the potty she got a prize, BUT (now this is key people) if she had any accidents she got all of her prizes taken away and put back on the shelf for an entire day!  You better believe she caught on quick!!  The first day was great and she got most of her prizes, but day 2 was harder and there was an accident so you better believe I took them away.  Day 3 came and it was perfect except 1 thing... she hadn't done the "number 2" on the potty yet.  This was the big one and I new it would be a challenge so we were holding Rapunzel hostage until this big event happened.  Well on that glorious day 3 it did happen!   Hooray!!  She has had a few accidents and yes I am still taking her prizes away when she does.  She is learning fast!  She will even go and get her prizes if she has an accident and tell me to put them on the shelf.  LOL.  Thankfully this has only happened a few times.  

I can't believe how big my little girl seems now.  She is growing up so fast.  We are considering putting her in dance maybe mid January so she is looking forward to that!! 

My twins are 6 months old!  Now that is crazy!!  It feels like these 2 came into our lives yesterday... and to think its been a year since we found out we were having twins.  I will never forget that day.  I was so overwhelmed with the thought of having twins... I was emotional, stressed, nervous, excited, scared... you name it and I felt it!  That anxiety carried with me for a long time BUT now I love the adventure!!  Having 2 babies really isn't that bad!!  (I wish I would have listened to my neighbors tell me that I would be ok and saved myself all the worry lol)  They are great babies though and maybe that makes all the difference and I promise we have had our share of bad days but I honestly couldn't imagine our lives without these 2 little girls!  Larkyn adores them too!  I love it when she calls them stinkers! 

  (sorry for the poor images... these were taken on Logan's phone)
 
Oaklee & Carea (Cuh-ray-uh it is not pronounced like Korea) couln't be more opposite!  They even look sooo different!  
Above in the picture of them together Carea is on the left and Oaklee is on the right.  
We have really tall and chunky kids!  I love it!! 

Oaklee (baby A) - She is so funny!  She already army crawls everywhere!  She is always on her tummy and on the move... I swear she can't hold still for 2 seconds.  Even when she sleeps she is constantly moving.  She has rolls upon rolls.  I should take a close up picture of her legs...  I am pretty sure they even have some cellulite on them!  Her face is narrower and long, she has slightly smaller eyes (like her daddy), she has a bigger mouth and bigger ears.  
Her 6 month stats are: 27 inches, 16 lbs 7 oz, and her head is 43.75 cm.  

Carea (baby B) - She is always making weird sounds... almost like she belongs in Star Trek or something!  She doesn't like her tummy so she doesn't really get around.  I honestly think because of her hemangioma on her head she is uncomfortable on her tummy.  I think she bumped it a few times or something.  Anyway... so she spends a lot of time in a bumbo or jumper.  She is chunky.. but its definitely more solid than Oaklee!  Not a lot of rolls, she is just thick haha!  Her face is rounder (like mine), she has bigger eyes and she has a smaller mouth!  
Her 6 month stats are: 26.75 inches, 16 lbs 12 oz, and her head is 43.5 cm.  

Both girls have gained over 11 lbs since they were born and have grown 10 inches!  I never thought my premie girls would have grown this fast!  They laugh at everything and they both love to watch Larkyn.  

I love all of my girls!  Life is great!!  
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute!!!! And yea for bribery and pottytraining!!!

Amy said...

They are all sooo cute Haylie!!! I can't believe those babes are 6 months already! So much girlie fun! Miss you!