12.07.2011

my home & the motivator ...

Anyone who has come to my home over the last 5 years has probably noticed that I have issues when it comes to hanging things on my walls.  
No, its not that I don't want to put holes in my walls... it's because I panic!   
What if I don't like it there... will it really look ok... 
For some reason I always second guess myself when it comes to decorating.  Honestly, it kind of freaks me out!!  I can go to a store with a vision... pick out an item or design an item that is amazing and bring it home to go in a closet.  ha!! 

Anyway...
So I was picked to be featured on Studio 5 for one of their house calls... a cooking house call!  Yep... they were coming to my house.  A house can't be on t.v. unless it's cute!  Well that's what I thought!  lol.  

I had a lot of things to do.  (keep in mind that this is all stuff that I had already.. just tucked away lol) 
First... we had to get rid of the ugly green wall!!  
I had some paint called Collonade Gray from Sherwin Williams.  I plan on finishing the rest of my home in this color after the holidays and when I have the $$ to buy more :)  So for now we only painted over the green wall and then the 2 short walls in our home.

Thanks to mom, Des, Jessica and Lindsi for helping me paint!! We were done in less than 3 hours!!
After we were done painting I called in a favor to my bestie Amy Twitty  for some decorating help!  I swear this is the only thing we don't have in common... she can decorate on a whim and I can not!  She is so talented!  She came in and she conquered in about an hour and a half ... to me that is amazing since she had no idea what I had to decorate with!  I didn't have a ton of stuff... but it made a huge difference!! 



 the wall above still needs to be painted.

Amy also came up with the idea to use the stencil I had to make these boards.  So a few days later Logan picked up some cheap white foam boards at WalMart... they came in a pack of 3 for about $2!  So he then painted them with leftover paint we already had!  Woot Woot!!    Later down the road I would really like to do a photo gallery on this big wall and then actually stencil the 2 short walls with a pale blue.  And I plan on adding some more yellows, greens, and blues and pretty much any other color that will go with other accessories down the road! 

If you ever need help decorating, getting ideas, or re-finishing furniture you already have you should call in Amy to help you!  I promise you will not regret it!  You can check out some of her recent projects here or here !!

 

4 comments:

Ann said...

Looks great! And it looked great on Studio 5 too. :)

Jenna said...

I want a bestie to help me decorae! Nope, I just want a bestie! I love your house. And I love you.

love birds and a few chicklets said...

thanks Ladies! Jenna I'll be your bestie too! :)

Jordan said...

Your home is beautiful! Love all the new stuff!