12.11.2011

blessings, angels and service ...

My heart is extremely full this holiday season!  We have been the recipients of so many blessings not only this last month but for the last 6 months. 

Life gets hard when there is a 2 year old and 2 babies.  I don't care who you are and what the circumstances are... it gets tough.  Emotionally, physically, spiritually, mentally, financially ... it's a lot of work.  I am very fortunate to have a supporting and hard working hub, an energetic 2 year old, 2 great babies AND EVERYONE ELSE AROUND ME...  MY FAMILY, MY FRIENDS, MY NEIGHBORS, STRANGERS...  All these people I LOVE!  

There have been so many times where I have been spread so thin, or overwhelmed, or just tired... to then have a knock on my door from someone who is willing and ready to serve me and my family.  Call it coincidence... I call it a miracle.  I have witnessed Heavenly Father's hand in my life dozens of times but never so prevalent as the last 6 months.  He really does place you in certain neighborhoods, give you specific visiting teachers and home teachers, and he really does place people in our lives that we need and who need us.  

Last Sunday was a day that I will never forget.  Actually there have been many things over the last few months that I honestly believe lead up to the events that happened last Sunday.  It is hard to write about things that are sacred to me and my family and to explain the emotions and feelings from the spirit, but I want to share some of the ways we literally have had angels come into our home.  You see, there are different types of angels.  Angels who HAVE ALREADY lived on this world, Angels who WILL live on this world AND angels who CURRENTLY ARE LIVING on this world.  The angels that have come into our lives are angels who are currently living here.  (we didn't have the other types of angels come... if you thought that's where I was going with this... sorry to disappoint you lol).  My family has been blessed and watched over so many times that they can not be counted.  It happens daily... sometimes more than once in that day.  We have received so many gifts.. diapers, wipes, formula, money, food.  We have been served in many ways including... weeds pulled, help cleaning, taking care of Oaklee and Carea, playing with Larkyn, a day out for Logan and I... I could go on and on (then this would be the longest blog post EVER!)  

It has been hard for my husband and I to accept some of the gifts and service that has been given. I think some of these angels know that so they will anonymously leave things on our doorstep or anonymously pull our weeds.. if they could get into our home they would probably anonymously come clean and fold laundry :)   

One of these angels told us last week that if we aren't willingly accepting service or gifts from others that we are with-holding blessings from those individuals.  I never thought about it in that way.  Everyone needs opportunities to serve so that they can also receive the blessings and comfort that they need.  It is very humbling to have blessings pour out into my home and in my life. 

It's never a coincidence when things have been given to us.  When we needed formula ... it was given.  When we needed diapers... they were on the door step.  When we have needed food... that too was left on our doorstep. 

I am so blessed.  The love that Heavenly Father has for ME and also MY FAMILY has been obvious and abundant.  He has heard our prayers and has richly blessed our lives.  Anytime I have told him the things that are needed they literally appear.  If you want to see a miracle before leaving this world... the fact that we have diapers and food are literally a miracle so just come on over :)  

I hope that I will be as inspired as these angels have been and that I will be able to pay it forward through service, love, kindness and friendship.  

Thank you to all the angels out there that have been inspired in some way to bless my life and also my family.  Maybe one day I will catch the doorbell ditcher and give him or her or them a big hug!
 




2 comments:

Jordan said...

This is so perfect! I love reading your posts:) you deserve every bit of your sweet blessings.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Great post Haylie!